Sunday 17 November 2013

China Glaze - Sunsational - Too Yacht to Handle

China Glaze - Too Yacht to Handle
China Glaze - Too Yacht to Handle - Sunlight
This weekend I would like to share this pretty aqua green polish with you from the Sunsational collection.

Too Yacht To Handle - 81213 - The color is that of a beautiful aqua/light turquoise. It's not really a neon, but it is really bright. I'm glad it's not more neon, I like the shade just the way it is.

The application is pretty good, but it dries fast and you can't brushstroke the same area again, you got to wait until it dries a little and then add a new layer, or you'll drag the polish and bare patches will appear. I needed 3 coats for full coverage, some nails needed 4. But I must say I used quite thin coats so 3-4 is all right. As you can see from the pictures it's not thick or messy, it's a neat, thin and flat layer. With a top coat everything evens out just nice. If you use too generous coats you'll get a lot of dragging and it'll be messy. I think this is because it dries very fast. Maybe a bit tricky if you've just started painting your own nails, but I found it pretty all right to work with. It's a creme/neon formuls after all.

I really love this, I keep looking at my nails! I think the color is suitable for all seasons too! During winter you could do some Konad stamping with snow flakes, I bet that would look pretty cool.








I didn't make pictures of this polish without top coat, but if you're keen to see what the finish is like, please view Highlight of my Summer or That's Shore Bright. It's the same kind of finish.

China Glaze - Too Yacht to Handle
China Glaze - Too Yacht to Handle - Sunlight
China Glaze - Too Yacht to Handle
China Glaze - Too Yacht to Handle - Sunlight







































My label is off-centre! *sobs* I think this color is comparable to colors like Aquadelic. Or maybe a brighter version of For Audrey. I don't own any of those so I can't do a comparison. This is my first true aqua! I've seen comparisons with For Audrey though and it looks really dusty next to Too Yacht to Handle! Which reminds me, if you see this bottle in the shop, don't be deceive by the bottle color, it is much more muted and dusty than it is once applied to your nails! It's so much more lively and bright once applied, trust me!

China Glaze - Too Yacht to Handle
China Glaze - Too Yacht to Handle - Sunlight




















I love this series so much. I am still really tempted to get Sun of a Peach too, Bottoms Up looks nice too. *musst.. control..*

If you are keen to see my other 2 colors from this series:
For a full review of Highlight of my summer here.
For a full review of That's Shore Bright here.


Have a great Sunday ahead!


No comments: