Friday 29 November 2013

China Glaze - Harvest Moon

China Glaze - Harvest Moon
China Glaze - Harvest Moon - Bottle




















Today I want to share with you one of my most favorite polishes ever from China Glaze: Harvest Moon. This polish is not getting the attention it should, it is so amazingly beautiful and sparkly. I love it so much I never use it out of fear of my bottle finishing.. I really want to get a spare bottle for this one. It's utterly gorgeous~

It was launched last year for The Hunger Games collection Autumn 2013. You couldn't wish for anything more autumn than this! This is the perfect copper, much more beautiful and unique than China Glaze Awe of Amber, which I believe is a core collection polish. It's also great for Christmas, it's like a sparkling ginger cookie or a delicious trifle pudding!

And speaking of ginger, that reminds me. If anyone is familiar with China Glaze - Ginger, launched with the 50 Glitters Limited Edition collection, this is the exact same shade of copper, just a different kind of finish (Ginger is a glitter, this is a shimmer). I am lucky to have both, and love them both very much, but Harvest Moon is the nicest!

Harvest Moon 80621 is a warm copper brownish shimmer/glassfleck. Yes, glassfleck! I am quite sure, it glows the same way my other glassflecks do. Ugh, love it.




Application is brilliant as well. My swatches are 2 perfect coats. It's really pigmented. I think could get away with 1 coat if you apply more generously. It dries up shiny by itself, but looks even better with a top coat to bring more depth to all that shimmer ans shine.

Well, let's go on to the pictures then. They quite speak for themselves, really. Please ignore the imperfection on my index, it can hardly be seen, but my camera likes to magnify anything that shouldn't be there.. Grrmpff~

There was no sun today, it's been raining all day! So no bright sunny shorts. So you can imagine, it's even more shiny under the sunlight! All pictures taken with one layer of China Glaze Fast Forward Top Coat.

I understand the pictures look different in color, but ALL are color accurate! The color looks a bit different depending on the light. For best color reference, these first two shots are best.

China Glaze - Harvest Moon
China Glaze - Harvest Moon  Natural light


China Glaze - Harvest Moon
China Glaze - Harvest Moon - Natural Light





































And here are some shots under artificial light, you can see the shimmer/glassflecks better.

China Glaze - Harvest Moon
China Glaze - Harvest Moon - Artificial Light

China Glaze - Harvest Moon
China Glaze - Harvest Moon - Artificial Light


And to give you a better idea how it looks in everyday life when you wear it, some hand shots. Both shots are color accurate, just depends on the light you are in. The second picture is pretty much what it looks like indoors, a beautiful warm copper. Under natural light (cloudy sky..) it gets more ginger. I know it's confusing. Just trust me when I say that if you like copper, you NEED this.

China Glaze - Harvest Moon
China Glaze - Harvest Moon - Natural light - Full hand shot
China Glaze - Harvest Moon
China Glaze - Harvest Moon - Shade - Full hand shot







































I keep thinking of this cute farming game I love to play, it goes by the same name: Harvest Moon. Hehee.. Great name, great color, great application. I honestly can't get enough of this. What do you think?



No comments: