Thursday 8 August 2013

China Glaze - Lemon Fizz and Gaga For Green

Hello! Today I tried this polish which was gifted to me for my birthday.

china glaze lemon fizz
China Glaze - Lemon Fizz - Bottle shot

















This is Lemon Fizz 80941 by China Glaze, and it's a pale yellow pastel creme. This color is from the fantastic 2010 Up and Away collection for spring. And it definitely calls Spring! It reminds me of daffodils, sunshine, Easter and also of creamy butter on a piece of toast.

Surprisingly, for a yellow, a pastel and a creme (3x nail polish horror), application is pretty okay. Really! In fact, better than some of my other pastels in pink and blue. I needed 3 coats to cover up all the patches. But it is really pigmented and creamy. I started with a thin coat, then applied 2 generous coats. It did not level out fully, but after using a top coat (I used Seche Vite) the result was quite smooth!

china glaze lemon fizz
China Glaze - Lemon Fizz - Natural light


china glaze lemon fizz
China Glaze - Lemon Fizz - Natural light






































The above pictures looks a bit brighter than the color actually is. It is more soft, pastel baby-chick yellow. The below pictures taken in natural light are more color-accurate.

I quite like this color. It's very sweet. The color is a little pale for my skin, maybe I just need to get used to it as I never wore this kind of light color before.

But I did a little nail art on it, if you want to see it, click here.

china glaze lemon fizz gaga for green
China Glaze - Lemon Fizz and Gaga For Green - Bottles - Artificial light



china glaze lemon fizz gaga for green
China Glaze - Lemon Fizz and Gaga For Green - Natural light
































I combined it with a beautiful green color called Gaga For Green, which was a little surprise for me. This is definitely a kind of jelly finish, not a creme! And application is fantastic! The color is a beautiful warm medium green, like grass. It is warm, but at the same time it's bright!

I did 3 coats, but 2 would have been enough as well. So maybe it is a bit more pigmented than the average jelly. Dries up extremely shiny like jellies do, and the color is really amazing, I absolutely love this, the formula and the color! I have the same color in my living room, see! I should give a full review when I am wearing this as a full mani, here it's just 2 nails. More like an experiment to see how it would look with lemon Fizz as I thought the bottles together looked very spring-y and fun.


china glaze lemon fizz gaga for greenchina glaze lemon fizz

My nails are so uneven lately. I picked up playing the guitar again and to be able to press down the strings, you need to have your nails short. So now my left hand constantly has short nails, though I'm trying to grow back my thumbnail a bit. And then my right hand, the middle nail keeps breaking and splitting. Such a mess. Lucky I can cover up most damage with my polishes anyway =p

Quite a short one today! I'm quite tired, because my husband took me out shopping and I got some new clothes, and we went to eat ramen together. Such a sweet hubby. <3

Do you like Lemon Fizz or gaga For Green? Do you have any of them?


No comments: